Re: serial port speed

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:23:03 +1000, Lawrence wrote:
>
> >Anyone knows the default serail port speed?  It is 38,400bps?  Which
> >file responsible for this setting?  I want to increase it to 115,200bps.
>
> 38.4K, yes, /etc/rc.boot/0setserial, use the spd_vhi option.

Perhaps there's some history here. I installed Debian 1.3 on a 1997
pentium and   setserial -a /dev/ttyS?   all say that baud_base is 115200
and Flags: spd_normal...
Both mgetty and minicom will satisfactorily handle 115200, so all this
messing with spd_vhi seems to be a thing of the past. Presumably, by now,
any software that can't ask for >38400 should have a bug report filed
against it.
--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151