Re: Stable means not-changing?

I guess this confuses me even more!  Are libc4, libc5 and libc6 completely
independent of each other, or are they versions of something which began
as "libc".  In either case, why would one want to compile for more than
one at a time?  I take it they are neither upward nor downward compatible.

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen