mo money, mo problems

here's another laundry list of problems - please help if you've got the
time!

1 realaudio

i can't get realaudio to work...  even if i file/open it from netscape,
i get the same error (mentions missing ) in argument about a temp
file)...the same error i got with every mimetype i set up manually (and
yes, i have verified i have them set up correctly).  i got plugger to
handle midi/mpeg and the like, but i need a plugin for realaudio 3.0 to
get it to work, apparently.

2 icmp firewalling
i  used slackware ipfwadm with the -D parameter to deny incoming ICMP
traffic...why doesn't this work under debian?

3 joystick driver
i am unable to get the joystick module to load after having upgraded the
kernel to 2.0.30...ignoring its version with insmod, running depmod, and
running modprobe all yield the same error - unresolved symbol
register_chrdev_Reef1f2f5

4 personal toolbar
how the hell do i get the personal toolbar from coming back into my
bookmarks?!  they leave when i delete them, but even if i save the
bookmarks, they reappear after restarting netscape

5 xmkmf
what debian package has this program?  i've had about 10 million (rough
estimate) progs try to use it and bomb out on the installation

6 wm blues
the debian afterstep does not allow me to change the background images
(although the colors and animations work), and trying to install the
tarball gets me the xmkmf error.  windowmaker (my desired window
manager) tells me i don't have libxpm although i clearly do.  i have
tried specifying the path with the command-line parameters and even
disabling xpm support with no dice

7 xsnow
has anyone gotten xsnow to compile under debian?  how?

8 scanner
i just got an hp5pse scanner...does linux support the scsi adapter that
came with this thing, or do i need to get a real one in order for linux
to say hi to it?

thanks in advance for any and all help!

justin honold
jhonold@bigfoot.com