Re: mo money, mo problems

justin honold <jhonold@primary.net> writes:

> 1 realaudio

I'm not sure about RealAudio as a plugin, but I've used RealAudio
Player successfully.  I just dropped it in /usr/local/bin/ and
/usr/local/lib/raplayer.

> 2 icmp firewalling
> i  used slackware ipfwadm with the -D parameter to deny incoming ICMP
> traffic...why doesn't this work under debian?

I haven't tried to firewall ICMP traffic specifically yet.  Exactly
what command are you using?  I would think it would be something like:

# ipfwadm -I -a -P icmp -S 0/0 4

to drop all incoming source quench packets.  ("Port" 0 does seem to
drop ICMP_ECHOREPLY packets for me.)

> 3 joystick driver
> i am unable to get the joystick module to load after having upgraded the
> kernel to 2.0.30.

You'll probably have to get the source and recompile.  It's not hard.

> 4 personal toolbar

I haven't used Netscape since 2.0, sorry.

> 5 xmkmf

Is in xlib6-dev.

> 6 wm blues

[snip]

> windowmaker (my desired window
> manager) tells me i don't have libxpm although i clearly do.

Does ldconfig -v list libxpm?  Do you have enough colours?

> 7 xsnow
> has anyone gotten xsnow to compile under debian?  how?

I can't recall ever having done this.

> 8 scanner
> i just got an hp5pse scanner...does linux support the scsi adapter that
> came with this thing?

Someone else will have to answer this, too.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)