Re: Urgent!!!

Leslie,
   Above and beyond what Anthony stated "etiquette", you will also find
that Linux is about exhausting your resources for possible solutions to
problems.  Your first response should not be to email the group... I first
like to check online documentation relating to my issue, as I find many of
the answers there!  http://www.linux.org and http://www.debian.org are
great resources for this.  You will benefit:  in your own learning, but
also in that you can resolve problems even faster than the already fast
debian-user list.  This approach will keep you on good terms with others
also, and you won't be hearing 'RTFM' from aggravated people.  Now to your
questions...

> > Can you please tell me what to enter for the "command-line argument.
>
> Nothing.  You have chosen the wrong option.  You have an ATAPI/EIDE
> CD-ROM, not an Aztech CD-ROM.
As Anthony stated, you will not need this module since you have an
ATAPI/EIDE cdrom.  Since ATAPI/EIDE cdroms are so common you need not add
any options for them to be dectected, as the kernel will find it on
boot-up just fine.

> > Can you please tell me what is "Host Adapter" and what I have to do to
> > solve this problem?
A friend of mine had the same problem because of his sound card, as some
of them have scsi ports on them.   His did not have any scsi capability,
but it was probed upon boot-up, as scsi support is compiled in the debian
kernel, with good reason.  My suggestion is to take your sound card out,
if this is the case, until you have installed linux completely.  Later on
you can recompile your kernel minus scsi support.

> > Beside, can you please tell me what should I start with my Linux. Where
> > should I start to learn? How to setup printer driver,modem driver,
> > Internet connection and etc. Where can I get info for Linux command such
> > as change drive, dir/w and etc? Should I install X-Windows? Why Unix and
> > Linux is Hacker's prefferred O/S?  Your help will be appreciate. Thank
> > you

I'm sure you are excited about getting linux up and running, but it will
take time until your system is fully configured.  I have been using Linux
for a year and a half now and still have things to learn. (Like
configuring network and parallel port printers)  I suggest first setting
up a base system and moving to X-windows. (installing from cd-rom)  The
I would then move on to configuring your modem, then printing, taking
things just one step at a time.  A web page that contains many how-to's
for these individual tasks you want to accomplish is:
   http://www.linux.org/help/howto.html
You will find everything from installtion, to ethernet, to programming
languages, to spoken/written languages documentation.  For general
information I would visit:
   http://www.linux.org/help/index.html
This might help you find your answer for linux being the acclaimed
'hacker's OS'.... I dunno though, as I use it for far more productful
things.  I hope this helps you on your way.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network | work: 353.4844
Division of Enginnering Computing Services | page: 222.5875