Re: bug ?: Disappearing DOS partitions

On Sep 19, Lazaro Salem wrote
> FYI, I also had several primary DOS partitions. MS-DOS sees them all.
> I've done it on my system with both versions 5.0 and 6.x of MS-DOS.
> If your unseable DOS partitions were primary (just check what cfdisk
> sees as DOS partitions: if they are on /dev/?daN with "?" = "s" or "h"
> and "N" > 4,  then they were logical partitions in the extended
> partition; else if N<5 they were primary partitions and (forget FDISK)
> you could recover them with DOS PFDISK and the info you got from
> linux cfdisk/fdisk (I can help you if you need it).

Are you sure? I'm sure that I read somewhere that you can only have one
primary partition active on each hard disk simultaneously. I've seen:

primary DOS
primary OS2
primary OS2 bootmanager

but OS2 boot manager disabled either the DOS or OS2 partition depending
on the startup selection. Just curious..

Adrian
--
.signature in post