reinstall woes

Hello,
I had been running Debian-1.2 until a disk crash last week forced me to reinstall. However, when I boot my system (Acer P-60 PCI motherboard) with the 1.3 rescue floppy my system is rebooted when the kernel is finished loading into memory. I am now unfortunately running Slackware while trying to find a way to reinstall Debian. Can someone please offer some help as to what could be causing this problem and what possible solutions I could try?

When I boot I get the following:

Then it reboots.
Thanks,
Todd