Re: ssh or ssl-telnet?

On Sep 19, Rolf Obrecht wrote
> is ssh or ssl-telnet better in securing remote sessions (password
> encryption etc)? I've no clue. Which one should I prefer?  Where are the
> differences?

ssh is not entirely free (check out /usr/doc/ssh/copyright.gz); ssltelnet
is.
ssh has some nice features for keeping passwords for other machines on your
current machine (encrypted using a passphrase of course), so (if you always
use ssh) you don't need to remember them.
ssh can be used to transfer files, and redirect arbitrary ports too.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking