Re: Motif programming blues

> Can anyone tell me why the following code (in attachments) doesn't work,
> or point to me someplace that describes in DETAIL the XmLabelWidget class?
> The lesstif docs describe functions fine, but precious little in the
> way of the widgets and gadgets.
> Problem: you give memo no arguments, you get a blank box.  Give it
> arguments, the label text is "msg", not the arguments you gave it.
> I typed this verbatim (minus some syntactical differences, like ANSI-style
> function headers instead of K&R, and moved a variable declaration to the
> top of the function instead of in the middle) from Douglas A. Young's "The
> X Window System Programming and Applications with Xt: OSF/Motif Edition".
> I figure this qualifies as fair use since the damn code doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong with the codes. I have also compiled the program with
Motif 2.0 and the program runs correctly.
This is simple program and should run just as well under Motif 1.2 which
Lesstif hopes to compatibile with. I have used Lesstif 0.8 before and
I do noticed hiccups here and there (widgets losing their positions, program
crashing etc). The same program however, works find when compiled with Motif
1.2. If this problem you are referring is a bug then it is a minor one.
Maybe you can try setting the label text after the widget is
created(XtCreateManagedWidget) as opposed to during it's creation.

Jason