2 CPU machines

Hi,

I've just put Debian 2.0.30 with version 6 of the deadlock patch on a new
2 CPU machine. The messages file tells me that the two CPUs were
initialized OK and that the machine is running roughly at 400 MHz. If I
run "bogomips", however, I still get out 198 MHz. I'm guessing that
bogomips is not designed for 2 CPU machines. Is that right and, if so, how
would I find out on the fly how fast the machine really is going?
Thanks....

J. Goldman