Re: quota bug ?

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, G. Kapetanios wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed  the quota utility on my system.
> I did everything by the book but when I would run quota as a user it would
> say Disk quotas for ... : None . I checked and rechecked everything but it
> didn't help. I  run  quotacehk
> about 2 times and also /etc/init.d/quota start . Then I rebooted and it
> worked fine. I thought that /etc/fstab can be read immediatelly after it
> is written and no deamon needs to be restarted . I guess I am wrong.

1) do you have quota's enabled in the kernel?

2) did you add the usrquota option in /etc/fstab?

3) did you make the quota.user file in the root of the appropriate mounted
   partition?

4) remount the filesystems?  "mount -o remount /dir"

5) then run the quota start?

Good luck, keep meaning to do it myself,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds