quota bug ?

Hi,

I have just installed  the quota utility on my system.
I did everything by the book but when I would run quota as a user it would
say Disk quotas for ... : None . I checked and rechecked everything but it
didn't help. I  run  quotacehk
about 2 times and also /etc/init.d/quota start . Then I rebooted and it
worked fine. I thought that /etc/fstab can be read immediatelly after it
is written and no deamon needs to be restarted . I guess I am wrong.

Any ideas ?
                                      Thanks
                                       George

George Kapetanios