awe-drv package

I think something has changed since I last used the awe-* packages.
I am runing the install.sh like instructed but even after that I am not
getting any prompt about awe32 support in low-level on sound.
Any ideas why not or if I can just add the line to the .config file
manually? (and if so how its worded).
Also I use isapnp since I have a PnP card and no PnP bios, does this mean
sound should be compiled as a module so the awe drivers get loaded after
isapnp runs?

G'razel the shifty kitty
(kestrel@aye.net)
http://www.aye.net/~kestrel