rpc.portmap and friends

	How dangerous is it to remove rpc.portmap, rpc.bwnfsd, rpc.mountd,
rpc.nfsd, rpc.pcnfsd, rpc.rstatd, rpc.rusersd, rpc.rwalld, and rpc.ugidd?
I'm trying to setup a semi-closed box running nothing but a few terminal
server utilities and want to only accept telnet and ftp connections from a
few hosts.  I noticed that there were a few rpc services starting at boot
time, so I moved the binaries out of /usr/sbin and into another
directory.  Now inetd doesn't start at boot time because this line in
/etc/init.d/netbase;
test -f /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap || exit 0

	I can get around this by simply replacing netbase with my own
script that fires up inetd.  My question is, am I doing something I
shouldn't?  Are things going to be breaking on my box from not having
these daemons running?  Any advice would be appreciated.

				mike...

Micro$oft, what do you want to spend today?