kerberos & debian

has anyone converted the mit kerberos packages to debian?  I've taken a couple
of not-so successful stabs (actually, for afs, but they're interwtined).

Alien reports a gaggle of "unusual executable locations" while executing.

Also, i'm worried about the lack of debian dependency information; as i
understand it, there are some executables that need to be replaced with the
mit versions.

I had some success with installing the afs module, though I didn't get as far
as getting it to launch itself on boot.  But what i really need is kerberos,
as i apparently can't access pop-3, or, more importantly, use rsh without it.

rick