Re: Xemac Mail (VM)

Rob MacWilliams writes:
> The problem relates to the headers of outgoing mail, the "From:"
> line doesn't seem to be rewritten as it should be by smail.  I have
> the line
>
> from_field="From: Rob MacWilliams <robmacw@cl-sys.com>"
>
> in my /etc/smail/config file, but emacs seems to ignore it.

Of course emacs ignores it.  Emacs doesn't even know about it: that file is
for smail.  That line should result in all your mail going out with "From:
Rob MacWilliams <robmacw@cl-sys.com>" regardless of what your MUA put on
the "From:" line.  Sounds like you have a smail problem, not an emacs
problem.

Carey Evans writes:
> Probably smail only inserts a From: when the MUA doesn't, and VM puts its
> own in.

That line should always change the "From:".