Re: problem compiling kernel with sound

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970914013143.10890A-100000@al.calvin.net>, writes:
>   >Has anyone had any luck with compiling a kernel on Debian? I can compile
> [snip]
>
> I suggest that you use `make xconfig' or `make menuconfig' to set up
> your kernel configuration.  That should leave the configuration in
> a consistent state.
>
> After `make xconfig' do `make depend' and `make clean' before doing
> the `make' to compile the source.

A note about make menuconfig, if you have a SoundBlaster and don't use the
defult settings you run into some problems unless you run the old configure
script, the dialog boxes won't let you alter the defaults for some reason.

G'razel the shifty kitty
(kestrel@aye.net)
http://www.aye.net/~kestrel
found on Tapestries FurryMUCK