Xemac Mail (VM)

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert from TkMail to Xemacs (VM) for my e-mail.  Emacs has a couple
of features that TkMail doesn't.

Currently I'm running fetchmail -> smail -> tkmail for the incoming side and
tkmail -> smail for the outgoing side.  All of these programs are up to date from
stable and working fine.  I haven't defined any special variables in either ~/.emacs or ~/.vm.

The problem relates to the headers of outgoing mail, the "From:" line doesn't
seem to be rewritten as it should be by smail.  I have the line

from_field="From: Rob MacWilliams <robmacw@cl-sys.com>"

in my /etc/smail/config file, but emacs seems to ignore it.

If there is anybody who could point me to the proper docs or a fix, I would
appreciate it.  Thanks

Later

Rob