Re: problem compiling kernel with sound

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970914013143.10890A-100000@al.calvin.net>, writes:
  >Has anyone had any luck with compiling a kernel on Debian? I can compile
  >fine just as long as I don't try to compile with sound. NOTE: I did
  >use the "make-kpkg -revision custom.1.0 kernel_image" option. This is the
  >error I get (The same thing happens with 2.0.30 also):
  >

  >gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.29/include -Wall
  >-Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe
  >-m386 -DCPU=386 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include
  >/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.29/include/linux/modversions.h  -c -o
  >sb_common.o sb_common.c
  >sb_common.c:21: #error You will need to configure the sound driver with
  >CONFIG_AUDIO option.

I suggest that you use `make xconfig' or `make menuconfig' to set up
your kernel configuration.  That should leave the configuration in
a consistent state.

After `make xconfig' do `make depend' and `make clean' before doing
the `make' to compile the source.

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.