Re: libtermcap

> Hello,
>
>     On Debian there is no libtermcap.so, on Redhat-4.2 there is one. As far
>     as I remember libtermcap is obsolete and should be replaced by
>     libncurses.

libncurses is really another way of doing buisness altogether.  The
replacement for libtermcap is libterminfo.  Debian is the only
distribution that has really done what it takes to make the switch, i.e.
pitched termcap altogether.  This is good in a way I guess, but it does
mean that just about any non-X targsball will fail to compile in a way
that can really confuse new users.

>     Am I wrong? Has any body more Information?
>
>     The problem occurred when installing some foreign binaries build on a
>     Redhat based system.

Many binaries like the one you have will not work as well.  The best
solution is to recompile with Makefile references to termcap replaced with
references to terminfo.  In some piece of documentation somewhere I read
of another solution, I forget if they were creating a link or just plain
installing the termcap library.  Anyway, good luck.