Re: Re[2]: Debian + PC with multi RS... port -> n x (text dumb t

On 12 Sep 1997, TENCC01.LEWIS01 wrote:

> It probably doesn't work the way you want.  Usually the terminal keyboard is
> locked until the print is finished.  Making the terminal useful for input at the
> same time is generally not possible.  It would require a very clever terminal
> and an extremely clever driver.
>
> jim

... Or just a larger RAM buffer in the printer and hopefully a fast line,
after all I don't think that in a POS system anyone would need to print
large reports at one of the terminals, most likely just a few lines on a
page for each sell or incoming materials. I would choose to connect a
printer to the port _on_the_main_computer for large reports. But it would
be interesting just to know more about that keybord lock during prints.

     Nicola Bernardelli <nbern@mail.protos.it>
messages will return even when I'm not at home.