Re: lftp

Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Ralph Winslow wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to download a large file (~32Mb) without sucess using
> > ftp and ncftp, so I pulled lftp (because it advertises that it will
> > checkpoint).  When I try to download, however, it seems not to do
> > anything.  For example:
> > lftp ftp.corel.com
> > ls
> > and it just hangs.  Same if I do "cd pub" instead of ls.  Anyone spare a
> > clue for the clueless?
>
>  lftp automaticaly retries if the connection fails, so that's what
> happening there. Type `debug' before any other command to see what is
> really happening.

Okey-doke:

# lftp
lftp :~> debug
debug level 9
lftp :~> open ftp.corel.com
---- Resolving host name.
lftp ftp.corel.com:~> ls
---- Connecting to ftp.corel.com (206.116.221.4) port 21
---> USER ftp
---> PASS XXXX
---> PWD
---> PORT 207,99,55,4,20
---> LIST
<--- 220 ftp1 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 3.0).
<--- 331 Anonymous access allowed, sent identity (e-mail name) as
password.
<--- 230 Anonymous logged in.
<--! and here it hangs and I enter <CTRL-C> -->
Interrupt
---- Closing data socket.
---- close() done
---- Closing control socket