Re: Debian ppp server how-to?

dada wrote:

> Is there any how-to to setup an ppp server under Debian?
>
> I need detailled information becouse I'm newie :-) and I want set up one
> ppp server at my home.

 o  get/install mgetty package

 o  get/install ppp package

 o  make sure kernel has ppp support, if it doesn't then get kernel
    source and recompile with ppp support

 o  edit /etc/mgetty/login.config
    find the line starting with '/AutoPPP/' and modify it so that it
    looks something like this:

/AutoPPP/ - - /usr/sbin/pppd auth +pap login modem :Y.Y.Y.Y

     where Y.Y.Y.Y is what you want the caller's IP address to be.

  o  add entry in /etc/inittab for like this:

S0:23:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -s 38400 /dev/ttyS0

     (if the modem is on your first serial port)

   o  as root run 'kill -HUP 1'

   o  enjoy!

--
Jens B. Jorgensen