Re: Debian + PC with multi RS... port -> n x (text dumb terminal + printer)

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> Nicola Bernardelli wrote:
> >      3) What if the text dumb terminals connected to a Linux Box also need
> >         a printer each (or almost any of them)? Is it possible that
> >         data is sent to the printer and terminal via the same line?
> >         Brandname + model?
>
> I have 2 old wyse 75 terminals, which have a "Aux" port. I think everything
> received by the terminal also goes out this port, though I've never tried
> it.
>
> --
> see shy jo

     Thank you for replying... sure I'm putting one question that involves
just _the_basics_ of multi-user environments... I stopped making software
for Windog an year ago, I really had enough of Microsoft and Borland, I
bring lot of intensive C/C++ days and nights with me, I'm learning quite a
lot on Linux which I had been using for about three years before deciding
that IT IS greener grass, great tools, great minds searching QUALITY,
greener grass indeed... I still lack the basics but now I need them, as I
plan to build an application based on PostgreSQL running on a Debain
GNU/Linux box with text dumb terminals.

     So I add one more question: from a software point of view, how would
such a terminal+printer couple (if possible) get managed? Just something
to say to the OS?

     Nicola Bernardelli <nbern@mail.protos.it>
messages will return even when I'm not at home.