Re: Starting X in 16 bpp ?

I created the file /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc
and it is a text file saying
X -bpp 16

and it works,
and I think this came from the XFree86 documentation, so perhaps it isn't
the debian way of doing things, which is what you asked for,

Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 12:00pm - 11:00pm
http://www.binary.net.au