Re: Starting X in 16 bpp ?

Ricardo Muggli wrote:

> What is the debian whay of starting X in 16 bpp? I can do this:
> startx -- -bpp 16
>
> but I would like to be able to do just startx.

First, in your .profile or .login or whatever assure that your bin is
first.
For a .profile with sh or bash or ksh ...

export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

then, if you don't have one yet,

mkdir $HOME/bin

then do this:

echo "/usr/bin/X11/startx -- -bpp 16" > $HOME/bin/startx
chmod +x $HOME/bin/startx

from now on you can simply:

startx

to start X.  HTH