Netscape and /bin/sh

I have set up netscape to play audio files by setting the helper app for
.wav files to be "bplay %s".  Whenever netscape tries to play a file,
though,  I get

	sh: error in loading shared libraries
	/usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so.5: undefined symbol:_default_morecore_init

	I'm using the latest version of bash from unstable (it is fixed in
regard to the infamous bash bug) ... anyone have any clues?
	Bplay works fine from the command line.
                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu