Re: Date in mail headers

Hi,

	I do not know what the debate seems to be about, but I must
 take exception to this statement.
>>"Orn" == Orn E Hansen <oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se> writes:

Orn> The RFC???? are just guidelines... and not rules.

	The RFC???? are all the rules that actually apply to the
 internet. And if we all start ignoring the rules, the cooperative
 process that is the internet (and, indeed, Linux itself is the
 product of a similar cooperative process).

	If you must have a change, and you do not think that the
 current internationalization effort is not doing enough, use a Header
 like X-Time and fill it anyway you wish; at least automata that
 expects standard headers to bve standards conformant does not break.

Orn> And besides, the english language is good... but it is spoken by
Orn> a minority in the World.  And what are you going to do with the
Orn> poor suckers who can't read email?  Tell them they must learn
Orn> english or not know when the email they are receiving was sent?
Orn> that's silly :-)

	No, this line of argument is silly. Do you also propose to
 change the header names (From:, Subject:, Date: etc)? If I can't read
 English, how do I know what the From and Sender and Reply-to headers
 mean?  Try and change them to your native language.

	manoj
--
 "No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it."
 Schulz