Re: [QF] fetchmail

On 30 Aug 1997, Carey Evans wrote:

> kestrel@aye.net writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> > fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
>
> [snip]
>
> > the error seems to be in the SMTP connect to (null) failed
>
> Can you find out whether the problem is at the fetchmail end or the
> smail end?  I'm not using smail, so the messages will be different,
> but try:
>
> [snip]
>
> Also try adding `-S localhost' to the fetchmail options.

well I didn't have to change fetchmail, nor did I do anything ot smail, it
started working after I installed a newer version of netbase and netstd, not
sure what got fixed but everything works fine now :)

G'razel the shifty kitty
(kestrel@aye.net)
http://www.aye.net/~kestrel
found on Tapestries FurryMUCK FluffMUCK Furcadia