Re: Exchange mouse button 2 & 3 in X.

Carey Evans writes:

>sca.bbs@cis.nctu.edu.tw writes:
>
>> I'd like to swap button 2 and 3 of mouse when in X,
>> such that the paste button is on the rightmost
>> button.
>
>xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1 3 2'

But be warned that it will effect everything else that uses the 2 and
3 buttons.  Examples: Netscape, Emacs, XV, ....  So if you have a 2
button mouse you now have to hold both down to get button 3 menus on
these.

I wish X would have an option to control the Cut/Paste functionality of
the buttons.

Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu