Re: 3C509B ISA Detection

> Here, no problems with a 3C509B. I disabled pnp and set the irq to 5
> (for arbitrary reasons.)
> What do you get from `cat /proc/{interrupts,io}` ?

I have tried different irq's and addresses and all of them have been clear
of anything in cat /proc/interrupts & ioports.  I am now going to remove
my sound card and try it.

> Doesn't the "mca" in these messages refer to the IBM MCA bus "standard"?
> Wouldn't that interfere with the VLB bus tou say you have?

That's the I thought as well but I know I chose "N" when this option came
up when building a new kernel.  I've done this multiple times as well.

> I guess you probed with irq and io parameters and without (to
> autodetect)?

Yes, I tried it both ways.