Re: Motif for Linux..

> Hello all!
>
> I'm looking at buying a copy of Motif for Linux.  I've tried
> lesstif and unfortunately for my current needs it isn't yet
> stable enough (though, hopefully that will change with time).
>
> A friend of mine sent me the following information he gathered
> up on the web about some of the Motif packages.  Just wondering
> if there are any suggestions, testimonies, or opinions about
> any of these packages in conjunction with Debian 1.3.x.  They
> all look fairly similar to me (except that a couple also include
> KL Group's XRT widgets).

I tried a couple of them. The best (in my opinion) is Metrolink Motif.
RedHat sells exactly the same copy of Metrolink one (that's why they
both come with XRT PDS). Cost $199.00 from Metrolink and cheaper from
RedHat. (There is a trick to get Metrolink Motif for only $79, so called
competitive trade-in, check their homepage).

Xi Graphics (www.xig.com) has a decent version for less money.

Infomagic is a little more buggy but cheap.

Don't recommend SWIM.

Good luck.

Alex Y.

> >Well, here are some links.
> >  http://www.metrolink.com/products/motif/index.html ( Metro's Motif )
> >which has Motif 2.0.1 Linux ELF for $199 (US) which includes KL Groups
> >XRT widget sets (which I've used in the past and are actually quite
> >nice widget sets for making graphs, tables, charts, etc.)
> >and Motif 1.2.4 Linux ELF for $149 (US).
> >
> >  http://www.xinside.com/pd/mwline.html ( Xinside Motif )
> >which has Motif 2.0 Linux ELF for $149.95 (I think this is Canadian $..
> >but, might be US $).

Xi Graphics is the new name of the company.