Re: ide for java?

> hi.... is there any Java IDE interface to Linux?
>
> warnning: I'm loocking for an IDE diferent as JAVA WORKSHOP.

You might try Vibe from Visix (www.visix.com).  I've never tried it, but
it is available for Linux.

There is also the FreeBuilder project:

http://www.techno-link.com/clients/ivo/FreeBuilder

But it's early on in development, and not all that useable yet (I think).

Some people might consider emacs an IDE, but it's probably not what
you want.

If you plan on doing Java development inside an IDE, there is a much
better selection available on Windows 95/NT.  Big players like
Microsoft, Borland and Symantec are content to ignore Linux.

Java hasn't really lived up to the cross-platform hype as far as
IDE's are concerned.

Cheers,

 - Jim