Re: How to setup symbolic links in a package?

Peter Weiss writes:

>     probably this belongs to debian devel:
>
>     Making some experiences in generating my own .deb files I run in the
>     following problem:
>
>      How do I set up an absolut symbolic link during the package generation?
>
>     What I'd like to have is something similiar to the XF86Config file
>     provided by xbase: The XF86Config file is an absoulte link:
>
>       ~:1> ll /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
>       lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           19 Aug 21 17:02
>           /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config -> /etc/X11/XF86Config
>
>     Setting up a link debian/tmp/etc/<target> to debian/tmp/<destination>
>     does not work. Or should this be done by one of the install scripts?
>
>     In the xbase example I couldn't find one looking at them and dpkg -L
>     xbase doesn't show me this link either.

Using ln -s you do specify the text that is stored in the file record
in the directory.

So ln -s /etc/X11/XF86Config debian/tmp/this/link/is/stupid

will create a link:

debian/tmp/this/link/is/stupid -> /etc/X11/XF86Config

(at least it should...)

In your example you could also use a relative linkt ../../etc/X11...

Regards

	Joey

 / =?iso-8859-1?q?kristian_k=f6hntopp@cyberbox.north.de          /
/        verursacht durch kaputte Gatesoftware auf der CyberBox /