Problems with bash 2.01

I recently downloaded the source for bash2.01 from sunsite and compiled it my
self.  I copied the bash executable to /bin, being sure to backup the old
executable.  Now most things seem to work fine.  I had read the reason helper
apps don't work with Netscape was a bug in bash 2.0.  I can now call Real Audio
Player from Netscape with no problems.

But I am having one really annoying problem.  In Netscape and XFMail the
backspace key now works as delete.  It deletes the character to the right of the
cursor.  I am running Debian 1.3.1 with the key mappings unmodified.  In my
xterms and at the console the backspace key works correctly.  In XFMail it
actually works correctly in the subject and to fields but not in the composition
window.

I know this is caused by bash because I can change back to the old executable
and the backspace key works correctly.

Can any one help?

Also is there going to be a stable and safe way to upgrade to bash 2.01 (by way
of a deb package) any time soon?  Of is there already and I don't know about it?
 I would like to install as few programs from unstable as possible.

Thanks.

E-Mail: Travis Cole <tcole@wcug.wwu.edu> -- <tcole@iname.com>
http://www.methow.com/~tcole -- Get my Public Key here
Date: 25-Aug-97
Time: 14:10:22
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.