simple questions

I didn't get a satisfactory answer before, so I will try again. I know
about LILO, it is on my boot diskette. How do I get it into the
partition so my System Commander can call it?
My Red Hat installation offers the option of booting from the partition,
if I wish. How do I get Debian to do that?
Unix, or Linux, is new to me, so I have  learning curve to go through.
Also0, how do I call Xwindows?