Re: This ugly policy discussion on debian-user.

Hi,
>>"Clint" == Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:

>> (3) The change in the revision name system is truly minor.  You
>> guys have
Clint> I wouldn't say that.  If it were truly minor there would have
Clint> been no cause for it.

	Where *did* you learn logic? Only non-minor things have
 causes?

Clint> Clearly there was a reason, and it is this reason to which Dave
Clint> and Paul object, if I interpret correctly.

	Right. There is a reason, being friendly to Debian users who
 happen to also sell CD's. The effect is minor, and technically
 indistinguishable from the previous scheme. The reasons for the
 objection are
 a) a misconception that an release engineering error is policy (It is
    not our intention to have released versions be mutable)
 b) a misunderstanding about the new numbering scheme. (All releases
    will be distinctly named).
 c) aesthetic objections to the new scheme?

	manoj
--
 "Even if you start your laundry before 8 AM on Saturday, you will not
 finish folding it until after midnight on Sunday." Karl Lehenbauer