Re: D-Link ethernet and Pioneer CD-ROM

From: kbk@dmi.min.dk (Karsten Bolding)
> Just got a new PC and wanted to install Linux on the second disk. I succeded
> in installing the base system after disabling the Pioneer ATAPI CD (DR-A24X)
> since I realised it was PnP.

Isn't there a way to turn off PnP in your BIOS?

> Then I wanted to connect to an ethernet using a D-Link Ethn.

This is the de600 driver. See if it's in a module (modprobe de600). If not,
install the kernel-source package and look at
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/de600.c . There are some #ifdef MAKE_DRIVER_SLOWER
sort of things to accomodate really slow adaptors and you may need them.
You might have to build a custom kernel to get the device working.

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html