Anybody in for helping a new debian user with aic7xxx ?

Hi everybody,

since 2 weeks I'm trying to install the debian linux distribution, first
attempt was with 1.2.8, second with 1.3.1. Both resulted in crashing
down during the boot process (look for subject "install problem: aic7xxx
encountered spurious IRQ / aborting command due to timeout").

During the last 2 weeks I got the impression, that it is more important
for the participants of this mailing list to discuss about debian
policies and politics than helping a new user.

I can't imagine, that none of the debian users has an Adaptec controller
in his PC. Where is the excellence of the debian distribution, when it's
unable to install on a conventional hardware, where Caldera, Suse,
RedHat and Slackware can without any problems.

Don't talk, face the facts! And fact is, that debian can't install on a
conventional hardware. Has anybody a solution for the problem? Has
anybody more to offer than talk?

I appreciate any sign of excellence. TIA.

Dieter