Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

From: john@win.bright.net
> And choosing a simple, consistent, and comprehensible release naming scheme
> is such an issue.  Hambone, bopeep, 1.3.1, and now revision 2...  all
> very confusing.
> I've been trying to convince the people in the seul project to use Debian:
> they think Debian is flaky.

We just chose a naming scheme. Our previous one gave people the impression
that Debian came out with a new release every month, which was enough to make
anyone think we were flaky.

Hamm and Bo are code-names. The reasons we use them have to do with FTP
mirrors not responding well to moving directories containing 1GB of files.
We want to have a name like "bo" before 1.3 comes out, and only name it 1.3
once the release has been made. Back in the 1.0 development we called it
1.0 during development, and the non-working prototype ended up on an
Infomagic CD. Never again.

What is the seul project?

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html