receiving vt100 printing sequences

how do i get a vc or an xterm to recognize and print vt100 print
sequences?

this is what i want to be able to do, in a nutshell:

my.debian.machine% rsh other.debian.machine vtprint foo.txt

thus causing foo.txt to be printed on the printer which is physically
connected to "my.debian.machine"
"my.debian.machine", of course, has a working lpd set up, and
"other.debian.machine" has vtprint from stable/binary/text installed.

as it stands, executing the above command seems to just echo the file to
the screen.

don't hesitate to ask for more info, or point me towards the right docs.

thanks,
brad

maximill@u.washington.edu - http://weber.u.washington.edu/~maximill