Re: adduser working in stock 1.3.1?

Go ahead and use it but manually copy the dot-files in /etc/skel into the
user's home directory.  Make sure to adjust the ownership and permissions
as needed.  The adduser script adds the user ok but only copies the first
line of the dot-files into the home directories.

On 18 Aug 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I heard a little while ago that adduser is broken in 1.3.1? I need to
> add a new user to the system so my question is: is it safe to
> use the version in 1.3.1 or it is recommended to upgrade to Hamm's
> version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> E.-
>
> --
>
> Eloy A. Paris
> Information Technology Department
> Rockwell Automation de Venezuela
> Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9430323
>

> --

George Bonser

Tommy Lasorda for baseball commissioner!