Re: Debian libc5 to libc6 Mini-HOWTO (regular posting)

> > ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libreadline.so (No such file or
> > directory), skipping
> > [ started after libreadline, fixed after libreadlineg ]
> >
> > ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libhistory.so (No such file or
> > directory), skipping
> > [ same as above ]
> >
> > ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libdl.so (No such file or
> > directory), skipping
> > [ started after ldso I think, probably an earlier problem with my system.
> > It was fixed by installing libdl1-dev ]

 About 3 weeks when I changed to libc5, I did get errors such as these.
 It was a simple matter of changing the symlinks by hand to point to
 the newer version number. I am not sure if this is what is happening in your
 case, but your output looks almost what I remember getting.

--
Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida