Re: Internal Clock Question

Hi

I lost who asked this, but here is the question:

> > I just realized a *stupid* mistake.  My BIOS clock is set to EDT and I
> > told UNIX it was in EST at installation.  Is there an easy fix for this?
> > I've got everthing else installed and working great--I can't handle a
> > re-install ;\

First, it isn't a stupid question.

Set the BIOS clock to GMT or EDT - the way you plan to set it for
Linux. Then set the BIOS clock correctly for that time zone.

I enclose this from /usr/doc/timezone/Introduction.gz, and suggest
you do this. I trust this will work for you.

Or is there some interaction that I just don't see?

--David

/usr/doc/timezone/Introduction.gz:

A brief introduction to setting the local time with the use of
time zones.

NOTE: This is the first draft of this document. Please send
comments and
      additions to Fernando Alegre <alegre@mars.superlink.net>

1) Setting the time zone

You just need to run /usr/sbin/tzconfig and answer the questions.
The right time zone will be installed. It takes effect immediately.
No reboots, no logouts.

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper