missing cua*

I installed debian but somehow I only have /dev/ttyS*, no /dev/cua* files.
I'm also not very sure how to set up my pnp modem. I ran pnpdump to
create /etc/isapnp.conf, and uncommented the sections I needed, ran
isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf and everything appeared to be ok, but in what script
file do I place "isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf" and other initialization
commands for it to configure every time debian boots? (I used to put it
under rc.local when I was using slackware)

Any help would be appreciated.