Re: bashrc bash-profile Problem

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 ramin@uni-oldenburg.de wrote:

> Hello there!
> I have just switched to Debian 1.3.1 from Suse 3 Days ago and so far i´m quite
> happy with it.
> Now i have some trouble with StarOffice:
> I included the .sd.sh script in my .bash-profile script:
>         # Staroffice
>         source $HOME/.sd.sh

If you are using xdm to start X, source $HOME/.bash_profile or $HOME/.sd.sh in
your $HOME/.xsession file.

> this way it worked in the Suse Distibution.
> But now it only works if i start i.e. swriter from the initial xterm or from
> xterms started from this one, but not from a menu or fvwm2-button.
> I log into X via XDM.
> Any Ideas welcome
>         Ramin
>
> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: ramin@uni-oldenburg.de
> Date: 10-Aug-97
> Time: 17:55:10
>
> This message was sent by XFMail

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
:--------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------: