Re: bashrc bash-profile Problem

> Hello there!
> I have just switched to Debian 1.3.1 from Suse 3 Days ago and so far i´m
> quite happy with it.
> Now i have some trouble with StarOffice:
> I included the .sd.sh script in my .bash-profile script:
>         # Staroffice
>         source $HOME/.sd.sh
> this way it worked in the Suse Distibution.

Using Debian this is not needed anymore.  Debian GNU/Linux uses a
much better method for including.  You don't call the starwriter
binaries directly but call a wrapper instead.  Please remove those lines.

> But now it only works if i start i.e. swriter from the initial xterm or from
> xterms started from this one, but not from a menu or fvwm2-button.

This is the reason why I have introduced those wrappers...

The problem is:  .bashrc or .bash_profile are evaluated whenever
you log in or you open an xterm.  But they are not read when starting
X, or login in via xdm.  So this would cause problems.

> E-Mail: ramin@uni-oldenburg.de

Oups?  Ein Oldenburger....  Gratulation.

--
Individual Network e.V.                _/                     OrgaTech
joey@office.individual.net            _/              joey@orgatech.de