Problem upgrading Debian

Greetings,

I have several different problems occurring.

1. I choose the linux source from dselect and it says there is nothing to get.

2. I use ftp.debian.org for the ftp source and I get a broken channel
during the execution of the scripts for d/l'ing.

I used to be able to get the source on previous versions. I am currently on
3.0. Oh, another problem is I can choose and download Apache but when it
tries to process the pkg it aborts during the execution of the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Tim