Re: missing cua*

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, David Wright wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Joost Kooij wrote:
>
> > > [ regarding where to put "isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf" and other
> > > initialization commands to configure it every time debian boots ]
> >
> > Maybe /etc/init.d/boot ?
>
> No, /etc/init.d/boot exists, and therefore cannot be changed (or upgrading
> becomes a pain). I think the Debian place is in /etc/rc.boot in which
> everything runs at boot time, but never again. Thus 0setserial,
> keyboardrate, etc.

I gave a wrong advice and you correctly pointed me at that, thanks. This
is a quote from /etc/init.d/boot that explains:

    #
    # Run the package-specific boot scripts in /etc/rc.boot.
    #
    run-parts /etc/rc.boot

I guess customizations should be placed there too.

However, upon further inspection of /etc/init.d/boot I found:

    #
    # Configure the isa plug and play boards before loading
    # modules. Need to do this before loading modules to get
    # a chance of configuring and starting PnP boards before
    # the drivers mess all this up.
    #
    if [ -x /etc/init.d/isapnp ]
    then
      /etc/init.d/isapnp start
    fi

This is done even before the call to "run-parts /etc/rc/boot".
I think that answers the second question in the original message;
examining /etc/init.d/isapnp it shows:

    #! /bin/sh

    # /etc/init.d/isapnp: configure Plug and Play boards

    test -x /sbin/isapnp || exit 0

    /sbin/isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

    exit 0

So, everything is already configured (except for the actual
/etc/isapnp.conf maybe) after you install the isapnp package.

Joost