Re: printing over samba to win95

My understanding is that samba allows Win95 to print to Linux, it you
want to go the other way, (linux to Win95 resources) you need a program
called rumba.  You can locate it on most of the NExT ftp archives, I do
not know if it is carried on any of the Linux archives.  Though designed
for NExT, the author claims it will work on Linux but I have not used it.

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to add an entry to the /etc/printcap file to print on another
> machine (win95) using samba.  I have a HP Deskjet 660C and I want to use
> Magicfilter's DJ550C filters.  Here's the problem:
>
> 1) how do I use two filters in the printcap file (dj550c-filter and smbprint)
> 2) when I print w/ only smbprint, the printer's error light lights up and
> if I press the retry button it works...
>
> -Paul
>

> --

George Bonser

Tommy Lasorda for baseball commissioner!